Monday, March 06, 2006

More poetry

Here are a couple more poems, ones I like especially. Enjoy. -S

Breakup poem:

Back In Michigan

Back then - back there

You loved me

Cried over me even

Now you are over those hills

Out of mind

You know who you are

Back then - back there

You smiled at those people talking

Laughed with your squinty moon eyes, even

Now you are in the movie theatre

Out of sight

You know who you are

Back then - back there

You made cheap fun

Tried to dance even

Now you are down the street with my twin

Out of sight and mind

You don’t know me anymore.

9/92


Observation poem:

School Bus Leaving

As I drive behind

The big yellow bus

Its windy wake

Shakes the last brown leaves from the trees

A storm of crispy flutterings

Ashes

Scatter in pursuit of learning

Round yellow rooftop

Bends branches forward

Forcing them to

Give up the final coverings

Scraps of deer-colored rags flying

Landing

A carpet for the following car

se

10/29/01


No comments: